Here are some of our top recommendations for keeping your smile bright and your mouth healthy:
- You should always brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- The type of toothpaste and toothbrush do matter. Soft-bristled toothbrushes are your best bet and your toothpaste should contain fluoride.
- The amount of force you use plays a role. You should always brush lightly to avoid harming your teeth and gums.
- Make sure you reach the front, back, and top of your teeth by holding your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle.
Straighten Your Teeth
- Crooked teeth or an under or over bite will cause discomfort and other dental issues in the long run.
- Speaking and chewing is easier with straight teeth.
- Gaps between your teeth can allow food to be trapped, a chief contributor to tooth decay.
- An AACD survey showed that most people believe whitening their teeth is the best way to improve a smile.
- At-home whitening products.
- Take home trays from your dentist.
- White stripes or whitening toothpaste.
- Your dentist can provide you with the progress you have made.
- Professional cleanings are beneficial all around.
- Your dentist can see how you’re brushing and flossing is going and offer any tips.
If you have any questions about these recommendations or want to learn more, please feel free to contact our practice.